Opera 9 for Ubuntu?

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at gmail.com
Sat Jul 8 07:48:27 BST 2006

On 7/7/06, Jerome Gotangco <jgotangco at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/6/06, Daniel Robitaille <robitaille at gmail.com> wrote
> > That's what I tried, and I don't see it there on my Dapper desktop.  I
> > didn't see it either in http://archive.ubuntu.com
>
> dapper-updates should be enabled as an update for app-install-data is
> available which contains Opera to be able to use it in add/remove
> applications aka gnome-app-install

yes, that update finally appeared tonight to enable all this. And now
opera is available from gnome-app-install.

Out of curiosity,  does it means that some applications will migrate
from multiverse into that new dapper-commercial repository?   I'm not
clear what would be the line with these 2 repositories?  Where Sun
Java should fit?  It seems to be somewhat like Opera.

And I would suggest that oft-broken RealPlayer 8 be removed from
multiverse now that Real Player 10 is available from that new repo.

--
Daniel Robitaille