blog entry: "Ubuntu and Debian"

Jan Claeys lists at janc.be
Fri Jul 7 23:18:53 BST 2006

On vr, 2006-07-07 at 10:47 -0400, Shawn McMahon wrote:
> I don't have any numbers either, but most of the time that I've needed
> to look up who maintained a Universe package, it's been an
> "@debian.org" address.  If folks with those email addresses have never
> heard of Debian, I'm thinking that's not our problem to fix.

Those are the Debian package maintainers, not the MOTU...

(Ubuntu doesn't really have 'package maintainers' and the fact that the
debian maintainers are listed so prominently is one of the things that
causes friction.)

> Is madduck demanding that Ubuntu immediately stop being more successful than Debian

No, you're shooting the wrong guy.

> Or am I just totally wrong here?

Not totally wrong, but you obviously don't really know/feel what this is
all about...

--
Jan Claeys