Two rather negative articles about Ubuntu

Shawn McMahon smcmahon at eiv.com
Fri Jul 7 15:08:19 BST 2006

On Thu, Jul 06, 2006 at 11:20:48PM +0100, Tristan Wibberley said:

> When I think of user-friendly X-config tool, I imagine something that
> runs at install time and configures it, and doesn't even say anything
> unless something goes wrong. Maybe followed by a bubble notification
> when you log in saying that you are running with incomplete drivers and
> offering to install the restricted drivers.

There's a danger in that.  I had to remove my KVM switch because X
detects it and proceeds to set itself up with totally wrong settings
that are unviewable on my LCD.  Hooking the LCD up directly, it works
fine.

--
   Shawn McMahon    | "I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
   EIV Consulting   | And now that I have some light, I can see the