blog entry: how to crak WEP using Ubuntu

Andrew Zajac arzajac at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 20:57:23 BST 2006

On 7/5/06, Lee Revell <rlrevell at joe-job.com> wrote:
> Of course, I understand that all these tools have good and bad uses, and
> would never advocate removing a tool because it has a potential black
> hat use.  My objection is only to having a step-by-step guide to using
> these tools for nefarious purposes in the Ubuntu documentation.

It's a step-by-step guide to using the tool.  Nothing more.
Nefariousness is up to the user - exactly the same principle as
including the package in the repositories.

It's a slippery slope.  If you remove the guide, you have to remove
the package.  If you remove the package, you have to remove countless
others for the same reason.  Where does it stop?  Who decides what is
wicked and what is not?  The Community Council?  The Technical board?
MOTU?

azz