[Fwd: Re: Two rather negative articles about Ubuntu]

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Mon Jul 3 21:43:39 BST 2006

On Mon, 2006-07-03 at 16:29 -0400, Peter Whittaker wrote:
> Trouble is, we are at #1 now. At worst, we should be at #2,

I assume with "we are" you still mean ubuntu-deskop. (I'm just asking
because I strayed a bit to general package removal before).

In the case of ubuntu-desktop I don't even think there should be a
warning needed, because the package shouldn't even exist. A metapackage
is a hard to understand way (for the non-expert user) to achieve the
goal. It requires an abstract understanding of the way dependencies
work, the concept of an "empty package that only depends on stuff" is
not entirely straightforward.

Well, I should look up the Paris stuff instead of speculating