RMS, Free software and the Ubuntu CDs

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Sun Jul 2 23:21:02 BST 2006

On Sun, 2006-07-02 at 14:41 -0700, Gary W. Swearingen wrote:

> At this point, I don't know what point you're referring to there.
> There have been too many.  Sorry.

You did answer at the same time I wrote this. But I'd he hard pressed to
remember now what it was :)

> threw in a side-remark about a small number of those
> licenses being not even findable because there's no longer any trace
> of their authorship/ownership, IMO.

I seem to remember you repeated that more than once, but I can't be sure
and won't look it up anymore. Whatever

> Perhaps I should regret making
> the crack, but I don't, because I thought it gave him a flavor for the
> exigencies of OSS and other things he could worry about along with his
> stated concern.

But the thing is that is stated concerns were concerned some of the main
points of the redistribution he planned. While you pulled the most minor
things up nobody. Yes, when the current system of patent and copyright
law blows big time through some accident we are all doomed. So is the
proprietary industry. Imagine what happens when in a chain reaction they
suddenly all start to sue each other over all their patents.