[Fwd: Re: Two rather negative articles about Ubuntu]

Anders Karlsson trudheim at gmail.com
Sun Jul 2 22:38:04 BST 2006

On Sun, 2006-07-02 at 20:00 +0200, Mario Vukelic wrote:
[snip]
> The article writer had no clue and should have followed the
> instructions, as she hopefully would have done when upgrading Windows or
> MacOS. That she didn't is not per se en Ubuntu bug - although it could
> be argued that it shows that Ubuntu isn't simple enough yet.

Resorting to saying the author of the article is clueless and can't read
instructions is plain childish and shows why Linux is not making inroads
into the Desktop market and is unlikely to do so in the near/medium
future.

Linux continues to be a server OS and an OS for techies in the Unix
field. (And before the semantic mafia starts complaining and nitpicking,
I mean Linux in the distribution sense.)

We'd only be kidding ourselves if we honestly thought the Desktop Linux
offerings today were good enough. Bloated, inconsistent, non-intuitive
desktop environments is what people want to get away from, they also
want functionality without insane feature creep.

Desktop Linux still have a very long way to go...

--
Anders Karlsson <trudheim at gmail.com>