RMS, Free software and the Ubuntu CDs

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Sun Jul 2 18:39:30 BST 2006

On Sun, 2006-07-02 at 09:59 -0700, Gary W. Swearingen wrote:
> I've never said or implied that it has non-free software

I don't know anymore what you say, sorry :) There was a sub-thread
somewhere in reply to you, where Daniel also said he doesn't know
anymore what your point is, and asked you to clarify. I asked the same

It seemed to me you claimed that there might be illegally copied code
here and there. This was however completely orthogonal to the main
discussion of GPL section 3, and for me (and Daniel too, I think) it
only confused stuff. Daniel argued at some point that while what you
seem to say is true it is right up there with worrying about whether you
can prove that the world is not a figment of my imagination and I won't
wake up in an insane asylum tomorrow. In my view, you have not had a
satisfying answer to this.

But please let's take it to the sounder list, I  cc'ed it. Please follow
up there.