UbuntUSB

Shawn McMahon smcmahon at eiv.com
Wed Jan 25 16:48:15 GMT 2006

On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 10:27:30PM -0800, Corey Burger said:
> Nifty modification of Ubuntu to put it on a USB stick
>
> http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS7418276314.html

Well, "stick" might be pushing things, as it's got a minimum size
requirement of 10 Gigs.  :)

I'm not real big on the "$30 a pop licensed commercial software needed"
aspect, either.  There are lots of USB-booting Linux distros that don't
expect you to pay for the privilege.  I've got one in my pocket; I was
excited at the prospect of replacing it with Ubuntu.

--
   Shawn McMahon    | Ubuntu: an ancient African word meaning "I am sick
   EIV Consulting   | of compiling Gentoo".