Re: Ubuntu in the news: "Cosmonaut takes on Windows’ global reach "

Senectus . senectus at
Mon Jan 23 07:16:40 GMT 2006

On 1/23/06, Daniel Robitaille <robitaille at> wrote:
> A couple of interesting quotes (facts?)  in there:
> "Estimates put the number of computers running Ubuntu at up to
> 6-million and doubling every eight months."
LOL, I love statistics ;-)

> "Google has developed its own version of Ubuntu, called Goobuntu.
> Shuttleworth says he is in talks with the city of Munich about
> creating an edition for them."

Now _those_ are interesting little bombshells..
If Google were to make a desktop distro I would have to be a debian
based distro for sure... _if_..

The Munich thing is very interesting, I had though they were one-eyed
SuSE, and I've begun hearing rumours that the big Munich switch isn't
going as well as originally planed (not failing but not on schedule)

Any chance the SABDFL might expand on this a bit? :-)

Ubuntu Breezy 5.10
The less you know, the more you believe. - Bono