Non-geeks writing about Ubuntu

Mike DeBerardine hopepoisoned at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 04:11:12 GMT 2006

> >A few days back there was a notice in here about 'normal' people
> >referring to Ubuntu - well, I guess this is a good example: "
> >

> >   Linux distribution suitable for human beings
> >
> >"
> >

> http://www.theonlinerocket.com/media/paper601/news/2006/01/20/Life/Linux.Distribution.Suitable.For.Human.Beings-1478999.shtml?norewrite&sourcedomain=www.theonlinerocket.com
> >
> >"Once you're running Linux you'll sleep easy as you'll have the peace of
> >mind that comes along with knowing that your soul is not in the clutches
> >of a monopoly that seemingly continues to reign unchecked. You may
> >suffer from some back problems after using Linux. That's because your
> >wallet will be full of the $100 you didn't spend on Windows and the
> >other $100 you didn't spend on Office. Not to worry, there is a
> >treatment for this. As soon as is humanly possible you take that money
> >out of your wallet and spend it directly on the vice of your choice. You
> >should begin feeling the effects of this remedy immediately."
> >
> >--
> >Best regards
> >
> >Christian Jensen
> >
> >http://www.debian-news.net/

(im sorry if I mess this up in anyway, for this is my first time actually
writing)

the article seemed very anti-Microsoft. you need to keep in mind that
Microsoft is running a business...one of the world's largest businesses at
that, and even if you say it's terrible that they charge 100 dollars for
their operating system, you have to look at it from Microsoft's point of
view - we're in demand, we have the market - we set the price, they pay it,
we give lots of people good jobs, and we set the curve - Microsoft isn't
like Ubuntu, a business corporation with a product to sell and nothing more