.ubuntu service on digg

Ben Francis lists at hippygeek.co.uk
Fri Jan 20 01:10:32 GMT 2006

Corey Burger wrote:
>>Seems somebody thought this:
>>https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Ubuntu%2eMac
>>
>>was actually going to happen:
>>http://digg.com/linux_unix/.Mac_service_for_Ubuntu
>
> Ok, so this got further than that:
> http://www.linuxtoday.com/infrastructure/2006011802326NWCYDB
> http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/82274/linux-builder-eyes-apple-mac-site.html

Sorry guys,

I didn't start that wiki page, but it was marked as an approved possible
specification on Launchpad and I thought it could be quite neat so I
contributed some ideas, including most of what is listed on those news
articles as factual strategy.

The launchpad page about this wiki page states quite clearly that it's
just a brain dump, nothing more, but that "The idea behind the
specification is sound and the project leaders would incorporate this
functionality if the work was done." - which of course on a publically
editable page only applies to the version of the text read at the time
this decision was made.

I also included a note on the wiki page suggesting the page was moved to
 https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TribeLife (for obvious reasons highlighted in
the news articles) but someone kindly removed the comment yesterday (see
wiki history).

It was purely a braindump of ideas for something that could be quite
cool, obviously with no official endorsement. Since when is something
posted on a public wiki official news?!

Anyway, apologies for any confusion caused by bad journalism. It could
be something neat to implement... in perhaps two or three versions time!

Best Wishes

Ben "tola" Francis