counter.ubuntu.com (was: Another userq)

Paul Sladen ubuntu at paul.sladen.org
Sun Jan 8 15:32:48 GMT 2006

On Sat, 7 Jan 2006, Michael Shigorin wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 12:07:39AM +0800, Jerome Gotangco wrote:
> > Maybe it's time for an Ubuntu user registry/counter project? *grin*
> Original Linux Counter is rather obsolete to me,

I think a possibility for 'counter.ubuntu.com' or whatever it could be
called would be to make it possible to associate your 'hwdb.ubuntu.com'
profiles with your account number.

I expect the leet ''performance overclockers'' would be the first to
immediately jump on this bandwagon and it would give a change for people to
show-off how many machines they've converted/switched/installed Ubuntu on.

Possibly the option to link to your Launchpad account too, although I don't
think either should be mandatory.

	-Paul
--
This country is covered in white fluffy snow.  Helsinki, FI