Woo!

john levin john at technolalia.org
Wed Jan 4 22:28:58 GMT 2006

Bug 1927 is now closed! This was to do with problems I was having on
a very old laptop (233mhz), whereby install hung due to network
problems; a bug in the kernel I think.

And now, not only can I get online, but the soundcard (Yamaha OPL32SA
or something similar) works out of the box - this has never happened
with any distro before. And the display works perfectly - only
Slackware had configured that right before.

Slow as molasses with Gnome etc, but Xubuntu is shaping up treat, and
XFCE is perfectly useable.

Thanks to the developers et al, really chuffed my bug report got fixed.

John