Xulrunner in Gnome?

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at ubuntu.com
Wed Feb 22 11:22:43 GMT 2006

<quote who="john levin">

> What's dinstall?

Part of Debian's archive management process - it basically means that
packages become available.

> Does this mean Xulrunner is in Gnome, or just Gnome-in-Debian?  What
> version of Gnome? (I'm guessing it's too late for 2.14)

xulrunner is a supported build target for Yelp, Epiphany and so on in GNOME
(supported for a while now), and it looks like Debian are considering making
it their build target for those apps.

> What does this mean about the end of long-running problems with mozilla?

Not really, xulrunner is just the core platform for Mozilla, Firefox and
friends, and using it only avoids a particular class of problems, but not
most of the really troublesome ones.

> What's the effect there, and what will be the effect for Ubuntu? And does
> this mean Xulrunner will be in Dapper+1?

We could change our default build target to xulrunner for Dapper+1. It will
be something to consider then.

- Jeff

--
FISL 7.0: Porto Alegre, Brazil        http://fisl.softwarelivre.org/7.0/www/

     GDK (acronym): GNU's Not Unix Image Manipulation Program Tool-Kit
                                Drawing-Kit.