On the subject of naming the Dapper successor

Benj. Mako Hill mako at ubuntu.com
Sun Feb 19 20:40:49 GMT 2006

<quote who="Mark Shuttleworth" date="Sun, Feb 19, 2006 at 09:43:28AM +0000">
> Well, as Matt pointed out the short year is cleaner and simpler, and
> still accurate. I do aree that the decimal point can confuse folks,
> since .10 is less than .4.
>
> How about 6-04?
>
> Does the dash reduce the risk of sort-order confusion?

I think yes. A little. It may be the best balance between not changing
what we have right now to drastically, and confusing people, and
staying with what we have now, and confusing people. ;)

Regards,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill
mako at ubuntu.com
http://mako.cc

Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so
far as society is free to use the results. --RMS