keeping track of timezones..?

Pete Ryland pdr at pdr.cx
Fri Feb 17 13:08:07 GMT 2006

On Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at 12:58:32PM +0800, Senectus . wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a good web site or better yet a nice little app that
> will show me timezones around the world as of now* and also if I put in a
> time it'll tell what the time will be in my zone..  for instance, if I put
> in 9PM CST 20/3/06 what time would it be here (Perth WA)

Also try xplanet.  Allows you to have a nice map of the earth on your
background showing where the sun is and the clouds.  It can also be
configured to show you the time in various places.  The only downside is
that you have to turn off Nautilus on the Desktop.

Screenshot (1.4MB) here:

http://pdr.cx/tmp/screenshot20060217.png

Pete