On the subject of naming the Dapper successor

dave dave at rodrig.com
Thu Feb 16 04:51:30 GMT 2006

>  I've also been thinking about the version numbers. Perhaps we should be
> more explicit about the year/month thing?
>
>    Ubuntu 2006/04
>    Ubuntu 2006-04
>    Ubuntu Dog-04
>
>  Thoughts welcome.
>
>  Mark

I disagree. I've liked the current versioning scheme from the
beginning. I like the way the release dates are hidden in what looks
like a simple version number. I'm not sure where people might become
confused. The higher the number, the more recent the release.

The examples above just seem awkward to me.

dave