"Ubuntu takes on XP in the gadget arena"

Randy Gloden sounder at microbabble.com
Wed Feb 15 23:38:52 GMT 2006

We have over 1000 XP machines that directly fall in my realm (over 35000
in the company) and the only BSODs we see are hardware related.  (We
didn't go to SP2 and nothing enters the environment without going
through rigorous testing) .

That said, I don't use Linux because of its superior crash resistance.
Everyone has their own story of why they like linux.  My own motives
have to do more with the Quality of the Company than the quality of the
software (with the exception of security).  Huge purchase prices, closed
source, restrictive licensing, sour culture, boring OS, expensive
support (despite the propaganda), are a few items on my list.

www.microbabble.com