online article: "Call issued for more mobile Linux apps"

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Tue Feb 14 07:13:08 GMT 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-14 at 14:40 +0800, Jerome Gotangco wrote:
> http://www.ifolder.com
>
> iFolder is a file sharing solution for workgroup and enterprise environments.
>
> Using the iFolder client, users can share mutiple directories of files
> across a local area network with other users. Using the iFolder client
> coupled with either the iFolder Enterprise Server or Simple Server
> users can share across the internet with other users.
>
> Sponsored by Novell, the iFolder project is built on the mono/.Net
> framework to integrate seamlessly into existing desktop environments.

WOW !! I  don't have a LAN, nor am I an enterprise, but I often wishg I
had an easy way to share files or directories with friends all over the
world, using internet, but never had a smooth experience with NFS or
SMB. This iFolder seems to address just that, as well as integrate it
perfectly to Nautilus from what I can see.

Oh yes, I love it already too, I sure hope it will be functional and
debugged in time for Dapper+1 ! :o)

Wow, Desktop Linux is really improving steadily, it's exciting, by the
time Vista+1 comes out, Linux will be so good and famous that nobody
will want Windows anymore LOL !!! :o))))

--
Vince