Love thy mutt-ng users

Anders Karlsson trudheim at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 17:00:16 GMT 2006

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 16:11:36 -0000, Mark Shuttleworth <mark at canonical.com>
wrote:

> Shot (Piotr Szotkowski) wrote:

> <head>
> </head>
>

> C’mon Mark, you should know better than to post in HTML-only…
> Wow, I decided to do this only today, figuring that "the world has had
> good html
> mail readers for at least five years, everyone must have this sorted".
> Clearly
> not :-)
>
> So, should I stay with text forever? HTML is perfectly open and
> standardised now.

If I may butt in to the conversation. By all accounts, sending HTML
only e-mails is fine, as long as one is aware that some people will
not be able to read them. At times, I only use a remote terminal to
read mail, and then I am using mutt. HTML e-mails at that point,
usually, gets deleted straight away - unless subject line or sender
is interesting enough that I keep the mail for later.

If I am using KMail or Opera for mail, HTML or plain text matters
not, but in consideration for others, I try to send text only mails.
Do unto others etc.

This is _not_ ment as flame, telling off or in any other way that
possibly could be construed as offensive. :)

Kind regards,

--
Anders Karlsson <anders at trudheim.com>
QA Engineer | GnuPG Key ID - 0x4B20601A