Re: Interview for Club of François Bancilhon, CEO of Mandriva at MandrivaClub

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 00:24:44 GMT 2006

On 2/11/06, Daniel Robitaille <robitaille at gmail.com> wrote:
> The 2nd half of his answer to that question is also interesting:
>
> "Of course, at Mandriva we do not have an infinite check book, so we
> need to work hard, we pay employee salaries with revenues generated by
> sales, we have to watch our figures, we have to keep happy our users,
> the community, our clients, our employees and our shareholders. It's a
> harder life, but I believe it is also a healthy way of looking at
> things. We work very hard, we can't pay high salaries, we have to make
> a living out of our revenue. By doing so, we are building a strong and
> healthy company based on a proven business model."

Personally I think that's a bit of a cop out.
Ubuntu isn't bloody fantastic because Mark waved a big fat check at *something*.
It's this good because it's got Giants, standing on the shoulders of Giants. ;-)
Money doesn't make things better (ie Windows...), it just helps things
roll forward a bit.

--
www.modmeup.net
Ubuntu Breezy 5.10