MEPIS may be going Ubuntu

Paul Sladen ubuntu at paul.sladen.org
Fri Feb 10 11:48:29 GMT 2006

yOn Fri, 10 Feb 2006, Stoffers, Robert LAC wrote:
> I would have to wonder about the point of MEPHIS going to Ubuntu,
> wouldn't they be better just joining the Kubuntu project instead?

Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Edubuntu, Ubuntu... are all built from one archive
(collection of packages).  Each of "distributions" is just a different
subset of packages from the larger set.

Mepis would be doing the same, taking the subset of packages which they take
from Debian and instead taking them from the ubuntu archive.  Then they
would add their own tweaks onto of this.

	-Paul
--
Britain is just cold, in a pesky way.  London, GB