Re: Ubuntu founder asks gov’t to support open source advocacy

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 06:20:44 GMT 2006

> > Though he did not specify numbers, Shuttleworth said the Philippines
> > is one of the company's biggest distributorships in Asia Pacific. They
> > were able to ship 57,000 CDs of Ubuntu Linux in the last 12 weeks,
> > compared to just 52,000 in Australia and 16,000 in Japan.
>
> Hey, no fair, they have more people:
> 14 Philippines 87,857,473 July 2005 est.
> 54 Australia 20,090,437 July 2005 est.
> Source http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/rankorder/2119rank.html

12  Japan 	127,417,244 	July 2005 est.

Using the same criteria , they are both doing very well compared to Japan.

And  a sign that my knowledge of Australia is rather limited, I had
always assumed it was close to Canada's population:
37 Canada 	32,805,041 	July 2005 est.

I wonder how many we got in the last 12 weeks.

--
Daniel Robitaille