A bit of ranting about Ubuntu.com

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Mon Feb 6 14:26:49 GMT 2006

Mart?n van de Streek wrote:

> On Mon, 06 Feb 2006, Dennis Kaarsemaker wrote:
>
>> On ma, 2006-02-06 at 13:02 +0100, Quim Gil wrote:
>> > I bet normal users are clicking on "Support" when they have a problem.
>> > I don't think they see "Documentation" as something for them, but if
>> > we rename it for "Help" they won't see a difference between "Help" and
>> > "Support".
>>
>> "Manuals"?
>
> Like the ones that people never read when buying new stuff?

Of course - nothing says that you _have_ to read the manuals just because
they're there, but it would be nice to be able to find them when you need
them.  I think this is the only thing wrong with using "Getting Started" -
because once I get into trouble, I usually figure I'm way beyond "Getting
Started".  otoh, there's no reason not to have both tabs - even if some
elements in both point to the same place.
--
derek