Wireless on the Powerbook

John dingo at coco2.arach.net.au
Sun Feb 5 23:08:41 GMT 2006

This has just been posted to a Fedora list; can others confirm/deny?

John Summerfied wrote:

 > Pete Graner wrote:
 >
 >> 17" that I'm having the following issues with:
 >>
 >> Sound modules won't load
 >> Once modules are loaded sound won't work:
 >> Can only get X to run with FBDev not ati or radeon driver
 >> Currently wireless both the BCM and airo drivers are hosed
 >

 > Airport is not going to work any time soon. Not even with
ndiswrapper. If you want working (11g) wireless with Linux, best
prospect is probably a wireless card labelled "atheros." d-link and
netgear have such, but of course the nice OS X software configuration
won't work with those. Probably they won't even work at all on OS X
without some work.

The airport extreme (bcm43xx) *does* work has worked in the past.
Recently its gone to pot with newer kernels and Network Manager since
wpa was added. I can get it to work by forcing the rate to 11Meg with
our cisco gear at work at home it works at 54Meg.

Pete

--
Pete Graner                                email: <pgraner at redhat.com>
Senior Manager                             Office: 978.392.2476