Windows user who running list @ubuntu.com

Benj. Mako Hill mako at ubuntu.com
Thu Feb 2 21:28:26 GMT 2006

<quote who="Ananda Putra" date="Fri, Jan 27, 2006 at 09:47:14PM +0700">
> How many m$ windows users here who running mailinglist @ubuntu.com?
> I've found one :D
>
> What do you think about it? It is ok against Ubuntu's strong
> commitmen to Free Software??

Yes! Anyone is welcome to use your lists with any client and any
OS.

For prospective users, tracking our community is one great way to dip
one's feet in the water. Additionally, some of us have jobs and
situations that ask us to use an OS other than the one we'd like to be
using. The bottom line is that there are lots of reasons to use
proprietary software.

Some of those involved in Ubuntu take a more "hard-line" philosophical
position in favor of software freedom and some less so. Our community
will only succeed by staying accessible to folks with a variety of
ideas about free and open source software and on many places on the
road toward software freedom.

Regards,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill
mako at ubuntu.com
http://mako.cc

Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so
far as society is free to use the results. --RMS