UITN: Ubuntu's Missing Batteries

Paul O'Malley ompaul at eircom.net
Wed Feb 1 14:46:12 GMT 2006

Paul O'Malley wrote:

Hi,

I had a look again today, with regard to automatix the offending
--force-yes has been removed, however

> Trying to get them out of the position they were in was hard, it had
> created needless work for those who volunteer to help.
> As stated above it says apt-get  --force-yes and the apt-get man page
> says the following about this option:

it has been replaced with "echo -e 'ynY\n'" which is then piped at apt-get.
So I still thing the dev is not really getting the idea. There are other
things like using repos, overwriting config files, okay they are copied
to one side but that it not the point really, if it fails it is going to
do lots of nasty stuff there is no fail state that leads to sweetness.
It is crash, bang, wollop then you get up and dust yourself down, and
check if anything is broken if your lucky.

There are other issues and have taken enough of your time.
I do check it on and off, my mail eariler today was based on last weeks
download, this one on the one I made since eariler.

He may get there and that would be fantastic, but my disappointment
remains at this time.

Regards,

Paul

Regards.