I may build a new box for the Holidays...

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Thu Dec 21 01:11:38 GMT 2006

Jan Claeys <lists at janc.be> wrote:
> Oh, and the distance/angle problems aren't caused by the backlight, but
> by the way LCD screens work: colors are layers on top of each other,
> which means that at a not-90° angle you look "between" those layers
> instead of through them.

Oh, I never thought about that, interesting ! :-)
So I guess LCD's will never improve then, sadly...
I can only pray that SED screens come to reality sooner rather than
later then, I will light a candle if that can help ! ;-)

> Well, I bought it at a local computer shop...  :)

Hu ?! Lucky you ! :-/
Or maybe I would have similar success if I tried, might need to get out
more I guess ! ;-)
I see you are in Belgium, not far from France then, so worse case
scenario, you can send me one by post ! ;-)

> Cherry also has a "linux keyboard" with the "Windows logo key" replaced
> by a "Tux key"

Yeah I did spot this model as well,  it's one of the models I prefer
in their range, along with the one you have and pointed me to.

--
Vince, seeking local Cherry retailers...