"Revolution OS" (The Movie).

Scott geekboy at angrykeyboarder.com
Tue Dec 19 10:03:06 GMT 2006

chombee spake thusly on 12/18/2006 09:59 AM:
> I think this RMS-bashing is a little off too.

See my previous response and go read the Wikipedia entry.

 > I felt that the second
> half of that movie wasn't very good, they seemed to try to make RMS look
> like a sort of comic has-been, and they focused an awful lot on the
> value of the Linux stockmarket shares and that sort of thing. Kind of
> missing the point. I wouldn't show the movie to people if I wanted to
> advocate free software.

I don't think it missed the point.  The movie was about "Linux" it
wasn't about "Free Software". Free Software was only part of the story.

> RMS and the FSF are crucial to the free software movement to this day. I
> also fail to see in what way they are bad for free software.

Did you skim over what I wrote? Did you not read the Wikipedia entry?

 > I feel that
> a lot of people find RMS irritating because they would like him to be a
> little less principled on this or that little detail, and focus more on
> practicalities such as making money from free software at the cost of
> its principles.

I don't always agree with his attitude, but that's the least of my
problems with him.  Read my response to Nikolai.

--
	Scott
http://angrykeyboarder.com