Ubuntu Multimedia Center

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at ubuntu.com
Sun Dec 3 22:02:03 GMT 2006

I have found today another Ubuntu variant: The Ubuntu Multimedia Center

http://ubuntummc.com/

Not sure how exactly it differs from the regular Ubuntu. I'm guessing
it comes with more multimedia/codecs packages installed by default.

This web site has a slightly longer description of it:

http://www.thecodingstudio.com/opensource/linux/?q=node/52

"Ubuntu Multimedia Center is a complete Linux-based operating system,
freely available with community and professional support. Users in
countries that don't allow use of mp3 playback or dvd playback should
stick to the regular main release of Ubuntu. The actual intended use
is to bring multimedia to the linux world. We will soon add
applications like MythTV."

--
Daniel Robitaille