The Fridge

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Sat Aug 12 04:19:49 BST 2006

<quote who="Matthew East">

> Well, I hadn't thought about it from a software point of view. I suppose
> what I had in mind was to use the planet codebase and simply make them
> feel like the same site, maybe by including planet at
> fridge.ubuntu.com/blogs

Hopefully all our sites will look'n'feel similar, so I don't think changing
the URL makes a big impact there. (Why redirect when it 'just works' now?)

> Any kind of integration sounds like a good thing, so making a planet
> sidebar for the fridge, or making the feeds available, etc, are all good
> ideas, I think.

So, now I have a better understanding of where you're coming from, I don't
agree: "Any" kind of integration isn't necessarily a good thing, changing
URLs for no real benefit isn't really worthwhile, Planet and The Fridge are
quite different so anything more than linking between them (and the linking
could be really cool like a list of hackergotchis or a sidebar with titles)
might be worse than it is better.

They really are different things.

- Jeff

   "There, I did it... I defiled a timeless piece of ART!" - Jim Carrey,
                          covering I Am The Walrus