Ubuntu in the press

john levin john at technolalia.org
Tue Aug 1 15:37:55 BST 2006

admin at scientific.dk wrote:
> Hi John Levin
>
>> Ubuntu features heavily on UK newsstands this month:
>> Also, Computer Active magazine have published 'Advanced Tips' no.6:
>> Experience Linux, with Kubuntu 6.06 on the cd, and around 96 pages of
>> documentation.
>> http://www.computeractive.co.uk/ is the website, although I can't see
>> any mention of it there.
> If any of us - not-british - that like to buy this special issue, and only
> this with the Ubuntu-documentation - where or how can we buy this??
>
> best regards
>
> Phillip

Apparently, it is available in other (European?) countries, perhaps
under another (similar) title.
(Info extrapolated from the front page of kubuntu.org).
There doesn't seem to be a way of getting it through the computer active
website; there's no mention of it at all, as far as I can see, and a
related site (computeractive-direct.co.uk) doesn't work with ubuntu
firefox (Error message: "The page isn't redirecting properly" - works on
Windows.)
One wonders if their hearts are really in their publications.

John