Files copied from CDs not locked up anymore - great!

Ari Torhamo ari.torhamo at saunalahti.fi
Sat Apr 29 02:47:08 BST 2006

Hi,

I got a pleasent suprise when I just installed Dapper beta and copied
the contents of my backup CDs back to my system. After having copied the
files none of them had any lock signs on them! My writing rights were
preserved! I have always been annoyd about having to cumbersomely change
the rights back as they were and digg up the instructions how to do it
(chmod + something). Is this really a thing of the past now? If so, this
is one more important step for Ubuntu toward user friendliness. The
command line wizards out there propably don't care much, but for a
regular user this really is a big improvement.

Another improvement is that I'm now able to eject optical disks from the
drive just by pressing the eject button. I hope that this really is a
feature, not a bug that someone is working hard to fix :-o

Who ever did these things really made my day :-)

Ari