Interesting article about "What Linux is doing wrong on the desktop"

Chanchao custom at freenet.de
Fri Apr 28 04:10:23 BST 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-28 at 08:15 +0800, Senectus . wrote:

> heh.. does that mean that the Ubuntu "LTS" concept is the kiss of
> death from vendors but the saviour of Enterprise managers? :-P

Of course not.. If anything, the very next release is a mere 6 months
away AND will be 'edgier'. :)  So plenty of obvious eye-candy to attract
attention.

I would guess that a huge majority of Ubuntu users upgrade to the next
release as it comes out.  I think the paradox is perhaps that the people
who are aware of continued support and actively use this support and
updates and who would benefit from LTS are ALSO the ones who are the
most aware of any new releases coming out... :)

Cheers,
Chanchao