Ubuntu 6.10 in the news

Karl Goetz kamping_kaiser at internode.on.net
Thu Apr 27 14:12:49 BST 2006

Vincent Trouilliez wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-04-21 at 16:25 +1000, Alexander Jacob Tsykin wrote:
>> It would be nice if people would realise that these are only code names, and
>> the real name of the distribution is the number.
>

> Sadly I think it's one of those things that will never cease no matter
> how many times we repeat it over and over, because people just don't
> seem to understand when you speak to them, somehow.
> It's like the spam we get on ubuntu-users, from the web forum.
> The forum owners have been asked to filter spam, or make the mailing
> list read-only, or inform the posters not to reply to spam, but they
> still haven't done anything, they seem deaf.

when the user has to enter "breezy/dapper" in your sources list before
upgrading you cant expect them to think 'but this is really called
Ubuntu 5.10/6.06LTS'
I'v wondered about having the option for each (breezy/ubuntu510) as
options in apt repos, but i havent ever looked at how much work would go
into that.
kk

--
Karl Goetz