10k open Ubuntu bugs

Dennis Kaarsemaker dennis at kaarsemaker.net
Sun Apr 23 23:29:43 BST 2006

On zo, 2006-04-23 at 23:27 +0200, Lionel Dricot wrote:

> I hate UNCONFIRMED, dead to UNCONFIRMED !!!
> >
> > And my impression is that there has been quite a lot of new bug
> > reports in the last week corresponding to the release of Dapper Beta,
> > more than usual.

Just chiming in here,

During the past weeks, the number of mails from malone completely
exploded. There are 3000-5000 mails per week coming to
ubuntu-bugs at lists.ubuntu.com. This is not only due to more people
testing dapper and reporting bugs, but there is also an ABSOLUTELY
AMAZING amount of work being done by the bug triagers.

It is not enough however, there are hundreds of new bugs daily, among
which there are many duplicates, user errors, support requests and lots
of bugs needing triaging. So anyone who wants to help Ubuntu: join us in
the triaging effort and help lower the number of open bugs!

See you on the next hug day!
--
Dennis K.
 - Linux for human beings - http://www.ubuntu.com