Oracle intersted in buying Ubunutu

Anders Karlsson trudheim at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 11:46:41 BST 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 19:44 +1000, Alexander Jacob Tsykin wrote:
> On Thursday 20 April 2006 15:25, Anders Karlsson wrote:
> > > The way you patronise me is ridiculous.
> >
> > So sorry if that is how it comes across, it's not intentional.
> "You are absolutely correct, I was patronising, I don't know your age and
> I treated you as a baby. You can take offence to what I write as much as
> you like, I can't stop you. Or you can ponder this - Why do you think I
> wrote what I did?"
>
> funny how your attitude changes in public. Honesty is as much a virtue as
> respect. Please exercise both

*lol* I was waiting for that to appear. I guess I need to spell out
sarcasm as well for you.

For those interested, the whole mail was:

->---
On Wed, 2006-04-19 at 23:56 +1000, Alexander Jacob Tsykin wrote:
> > I was young and foolish once upon a time, and I typed first and
thought
> > later, usually *after* hitting 'Send'. I am older now, still foolish
and
> > still hit 'Send' to soon, but less frequently. I believe you will
get
> > there in time as well.
> >
> that was patronising. You don't know my age, and this is pathetic. Why
bother
> saying it? I think very carefully about what I type. I would prefer
you did
> not treat me as a baby. Incidentally, I am not foolish, even if you
were, and
> I would suspect that you are from this. The only reason I don';t
reply
> publically to this is because I care about the code of conduct, maybe
you
> should think about it as well.

You are absolutely correct, I was patronising, I don't know your age and
I treated you as a baby. You can take offence to what I write as much as
you like, I can't stop you. Or you can ponder this - Why do you think I
wrote what I did?

Once in a while, it is good to take a step back and observe the bigger
picture. I used to write postings to FidoNet in a very egocentric
fashion a long time ago, but I've lived and learnt a bit since then.
Based on how you write things and how you present your opinions, I'd
guess you are in your late teens.

It would have made little difference to me whether you responded
publicly or not. I am old enough to admit my mistakes and humble enough
to apologise when required. Waving the CoC in my face could be
interpreted as patronising as well, but I have thick skin and I have
both read and signed it.

Have a nice day,
->---

Sasha, you did not even have the courage to respond to me on the
*private* mail you selectively quoted from. You tell me who's
disrespectful and patronising. If you're cruising for an exchange of
flames, keep it off the list. If you can handle a proper debate, drop
the whining and stick to the issues debated (and stop moving the target
whenever you're put on the spot).

Your call.

Regards,

--