Firefox 1.0.x sunset announcement and Breezy

Alan McKinnon alan at linuxholdings.co.za
Mon Apr 17 00:10:45 BST 2006

On Monday 17 April 2006 00:51, john levin wrote:

> Again, yes - I - and I presume many others who use Hoary and Breezy
> - want to know who is going to take on this Augean task. And also,
> who is going to take on the task when Firefox 1.5 is no longer
> maintained by the Mozilla organization, given that Dapper is going
> to last 3 years on the desktop.
>
> What really concerns me isn't that the 1.0 series has come to an
> end, but that this problem is going to continually arise for as
> long as there is an Ubuntu and a Firefox.

The solution to this seems rather obvious to me. Dapper will be
supported for three years - that doesn't mean it will support Firefox
1.0 for three years.

When the Mozilla Foundation deprecates Firefox 1.0, Dapper provides an
upgrade to 1.5. So instead of the user getting a security upgraded
1.0, they get 1.5.

Or am I missing something obvious in the thread?

--
If only you and dead people understand hex,
how many people understand hex?

Alan McKinnon
alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za