Comments about Linux/Ubuntu from a former MS-programmer

Alexander Jacob Tsykin stsykin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 16:23:16 BST 2006

On Wednesday 12 April 2006 01:14, Eric Dunbar wrote:
> > Most run-of-the-mill computer users come from Windows, so I wouldn't
> > imagine it confusing them. It's waht they're used to.
>
> That's precisely _where_ I see them getting confused!
Any Windows user I ahve seen, including some of the most appallingly computer
illiterate, do not ahve a problem with this, however, clearly our experiences
differ. I would love to see Gnome offer the dual file brwoser web browser
functionality, but I still much prefer Gnome to KDE, so it's not that much of
a problem.

Sasha