Comments about Linux/Ubuntu from a former MS-programmer

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Mon Apr 10 18:45:21 BST 2006

On Mon, 2006-04-10 at 19:25 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-04-10 at 18:52 +0200, Vincent Trouilliez wrote:
> > On Mon, 2006-04-10 at 12:25 -0400, Lee Revell wrote:
> > > Nautilus can't browse the web?  Since when?  It definitely used to be
> > > able to.
> >
> > Hmmm yes, I too am sure it used to work, but I just tried it on Dapper
> > and it doesn't work anymore :o(
>
> Since about 2 or 3 years, from way before Firefox.

Hmmm... I don't know what Firefix has to do with that, but it certainly
was working up until much more recently than this.
For instance, when I discovered that Nautilus could browse the web, I
was using Ubuntu. So even if it were with Warty (can't remember), this
means it would have been "broken" when Warty was replaced by Hoary,
which was same time last year, just 12 months ago. And if it was in
Hoary, then it would have broken only 6 months ago with Breezy. So
definitely not 2 years ago, nevermind 3....

--
Vince