Reply to List

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Mon Apr 10 17:16:41 BST 2006

On Mon, 2006-04-10 at 08:09 -0500, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> It's not very funny; unsolicited email /IS/ spam by definition and I'm
> sure most of us don't really want to be known as spammers.  If it is
> the software that is responsible (as I find now that it is) then  I
> need
> to issue an apology to someone. (Sasha, I'm sorry for jumping you when
> you were just doing what the software made you do.)
>
> Truly, I am amazed that Evolution(?) is that broken.
> Maybe Evolution's author(s) don't use mailing lists.

It's really not that broken - the Ubuntu lists are weird in that they
don't set Reply-To to the list address, and people consider using
Reply-To-All to be spamming them.

On most mailing lists either the list sets Reply-To to the list address,
or (more commonly) users don't mind getting 2 copies of the message
because they filter one copy into the list folder and one in their inbox
so the threading is preserved for both provate replies and replies to
the list.

Lee