cross-platform virus

Cybe R. Wizard cybe_r_wizard at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 9 08:50:24 BST 2006

On Sat, 8 Apr 2006 17:29:54 -0700
"Brian Burger" <blurdesign at gmail.com> wrote:

> Try this: run 'sudo synaptic' as before, enter pw, then close
> Synaptic right away
> and try another sudo command from the same terminal you just used for
> Synaptic.
>
> You shouldn't be asked for a password for the 2nd sudo.
>
> (I think the pw is saved for 5 minutes, by default)
>
> Brian/Madpilot

That's pretty unrealistic, isn't it?  Don't we most always finish using
a program started with <sudo> and then close the terminal we used to
open said program? I know that I do that and I usually use the <sudo>ed
program for more than the 5-15 minutes allowed.
Maybe it's just obsessive of me but I hate having a bunch of unused
terminals hanging around after I'm done with them.

Cybe R. Wizard
	Winduhs