cross-platform virus

Cybe R. Wizard cybe_r_wizard at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 9 08:44:42 BST 2006

On Sun, 09 Apr 2006 12:17:13 +1000
Sasha Tsykin <stsykin at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't see why we should use sudo. It seems much more secure to just
> create an admin or root account, like almost every other Linux
> distribution in existence.

Want to crack a box?  Everyone has a root account, you only need to
crack the password.  Want to crack an Ubuntu box?  First, guess the
username, /then/ you can move to cracking the password.  An extra
security step is involved wherein one doesn't even have something (root)
to start with.  It's would take a hell of a dictionary attack to get a
strange username and password.

Cybe R. Wizard
	Winduhs