cross-platform virus

Corey Burger corey.burger at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 03:22:04 BST 2006

<snip>
> I don't see why we should use sudo. It seems much more secure to just
> create an admin or root account, like almost every other Linux
> distribution in existence.

Sudo is used for a number of reasons, most of which have been explored
before. The major advantage is having to remember only one password.
For further reading, see the RootSudo page on the wiki.

In future, the plan is not to run any graphical applications as root.
There are some cool tech demos of having the graphical application
call a helper application that does the actual changes. This means
that you have less code running as root, a definite advantage. See:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/hal/2006-March/004770.html

Corey