cross-platform virus

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 01:44:50 BST 2006

On 4/8/06, Brian Burger <blurdesign at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/8/06, Cybe R. Wizard <cybe_r_wizard at earthlink.net> wrote:
> >
>  On Sat, 8 Apr 2006 19:30:10 +0200
> Alan McKinnon <alan at linuxholdings.co.za> wrote:
>
> Is that really a possibility?
>
> AFAIK, yes.
>
> Try this: run 'sudo synaptic' as before, enter pw,
> then close Synaptic right away and try another sudo
> command from the same terminal you just
> used for Synaptic.
>
> You shouldn't be asked for a password for the 2nd sudo.
>
> (I think the pw is saved for 5 minutes, by default)

it is 15 minutes according to the sudoers man page:

       timestamp_timeout
                   Number of minutes that can elapse before sudo will ask for
                   a passwd again.  The default is 15.  Set this to 0 to
                   always prompt for a password.  If set to a value less than
                   0 the user's timestamp will never expire.  This can be used
                   to allow users to create or delete their own timestamps via
                   sudo -v and sudo -k respectively.

--
Daniel Robitaille