breezy review at gcn.com

Tristan Wibberley maihem at maihem.org
Fri Apr 7 19:56:24 BST 2006

Matthew East wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-04-07 at 10:17 +0200, Lionel Dricot wrote:
>> "Even the host company, reportedly based off the coast of England,
>> does not list a phone number and asks that all inquiries be made by
>> e-mail. So if you run into a major problem, you may be waiting a long
>> time."
>>
>> - Does that mean that people are ready to pay for Ubuntu support ? It
>> would be a great opportunity for local companies !
>
> Strange review. Canonical does direct support, and there are loads of
> commercial support companies:
>
> http://www.ubuntu.com/support/supportoptions/paidsupport
>
> http://www.ubuntu.com/support/marketplace

A lot of people want to be able to quickly find a phone number that they
can call, and they will be asked for credit card details, a payment will
be taken, and they *will* get rapid support, just like that. Apparently
Microsoft does that. You pay through the nose for it, but it can be
important for the option to be there in case the worst happens.

I just looked at those links, and if I had just had a disaster happen, I
would be getting progressively more stressed by the second.

--
Tristan Wibberley