"Download & Install" vs "Repositories & Synaptic" and the need for a new URI [Was: Re: Going forward [Re: Automatix?]]

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Fri Apr 7 19:09:02 BST 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-07 at 20:25 +0200, Florian Diesch wrote:
> > What we're saying is why not just use google?
>
> * Not everyone has decent and cheap internet access

Also, there's so much linux information going back 10+ years on Google,
much of it wildly inaccurate, that it can be very difficult to find
relevant advice.  I consider myself a Linux expert, I even have a little
driver code in the kernel, and still often find myself frustrated by
trying to come up with the right search string to find a doc I KNOW is
there.

Lee