PPTP support?

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Thu Apr 6 18:50:05 BST 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-06 at 17:36 +0000, Olafur Arason wrote:
> Here is a guide:
> http://www.niemueller.de/wiki/?OpenVPNwithNetworkManager

Sure, but that assumes a Linux VPN server, I am connecting to a
Microsoft server.  And, it requires editing a ton of config files.  I
know there's a way, I was asking whether there's an *easy* way.

Will Dapper have a GUI utility for this, something where I can just
enter my username, password, and the address of the VPN server and click
"Connect".  Like on Windows, or using pptpconfig.php.

Actually pptpconfig.php does not quite work - it has a bug where any
routes entered are not saved, so it's necessary to run "sudo route add
-net x.x.x.x netmask x.x.x.x dev ppp0".  And, it's inexplicably written
in PHP, even though there's no HTML preprocessing involved - I would
imagine this is unacceptable for Dapper.

Lee