Lawyers, here! [Was: binary graphics drivers]

Sasha Tsykin stsykin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 13:29:25 BST 2006

I would rather doubt there is a legal difference between using the gui
and the command line. On the other hand, there is a huge usability
difference. We can't use legal issues as an excuse for everything,
because then people will just say that for whatever reason, and they
won't care why, windows is better than Linux, and so they'll continue
using the pirated cop they downloaded off the Internet. The only way for
Linux to get market share is to make things easier, something which can
not happen without being able to do everything from within the GUI
without resorting to the command line.